The M50 is a modular, non invasive, universal unit which allows the user to measure moisture either as a hand held unit or as part of a process control system, input to PLC. It is small, rugged and light to ensure ease of use. Being fully sealed and designed to meet the IP67 water and dust proof rating it offers accuracy and reliability even in the most aggressive of environments, making it ideal for data capture and industrial applications.
It will operate on any non-metallic / non-carbon material, including: composite laminate / sandwich (polyester, epoxy, vinyl ester, phenolic resins), timber, carpet, concrete, brick, etc, measuring the dielectric constant of the material under test.
The unit can be set for use on specific materials by entering the product density to give an accurate percentage value, or as a comparator measuring the variation in moisture content over a component showing dry and damp spots. It operates effectively on both flat or curved surfaces.
Output options include:-
- PC via a USB digital connection
- PLC via analogue voltage generator
- Hand held portable indicator/recorder, with full colour LCD. There are two software versions available for the hand-held display :
- Radome GO/NO GO, with variable sound level indicator
- Numerical to 3 decimal places
The M50 has been designed as a superior alternative to the well-established A8-AF manufactured by Moisture Register Products, a Division of Aqua Measure Instrument Co, making it ideal for a wide range of aerospace / aviation applications.
M50 GENERAL FEATURES :
- Universal probe can be used either as a hand held unit or as part of a process control system
- Clear read-out with direct reading (no charts / tables required)
- Designed to meet the IP67 offering accuracy and reliability even in the most aggressive environments
- Is effective on most non-conductive materials
- Deep penetrating field, up to 40mm depth
- Works on flat or curved surfaces
M50-P PROBE SPECIFICATION :
- Probe Ø OD : 57mm
- Sensor Ø : 28 mm
- Field depth penetration : up to 40mm (readings relate to inverse square rule)
- Range : 0 to 50%+
- Power consumption : nominal 10 milli Watts
- Operational temperature range : -20 to +85 deg C; optional high temperature unit (to 120 deg C) available on request
- Weight : 150g for Al probe as demonstrated (option for stainless steel)
- Rugged : designed to conform to IP67 (dust and moisture resistant)
- Communication interface : USB, cable = 1.8m long
- Software operating systems: XP & Windows 7
- Software displays : Moisture content in %; with facility to adjust - density value, resolution / data collection speed, zero compensation
M50-PHP-P HAND HELD DISPLAY SPECIFICATION :
- Portable indicator / recorder, with full colour LCD
- 2 x Software versions, either:
- GO/NO GO, with variable sound level indicator & 3 x density settings (honeycomb, foam & solid)
- Numerical to 3 decimal places Moisture displayed as % moisture by weight
- Rechargeable batteries giving up to 20 hours live (continuous usage)
- Data logs (with time & date stamp) for down load to a PC via USB docking station (used for re-charging)
- Configurable items include: material density (8 ‘named’ settings), zero offset, resolution / data collection speed
- Designed to conform to IP67 (dust & moisture resistant)
THEORY OF OPERATION :
Utilising an electric field, the M50 measures the dielectric constant of the material under test. As the dielectric constant of water is many times higher than materials which normally contain it, the measurement is a certain indication that true moisture is present. It displays the average amount of water detected within its field.
CURE MONITORING :
Degree of cure during polymerisation of a resin effects the dielectric constant. Therefore the M50 can also be used for cure monitoring within a process. With its relatively large probe, cure can be measured to greater depths than other units available on the market.
For more information or to request a demonstration please contact us